Wednesday 2 December 2009

Christmas is coming and that means party time!

I expressed my love for all things one shouldered in my Happy Hallowe’en post but I also have a massive thing for leopardskin (see my Major shoe crush! post). Theoretically this should be a recipe for disaster but this dress shows that sometimes it can be a match made in heaven! What makes it even better is that this dress was less than £20 from Primark!!

This dress obviously took inspiration from the beautiful dresses and tops from Ellie Saab (centre top), Dolce and Gabbana and Chloe’s A/W 2009 collections (see Working Girl post). The one shoulder on this Primark steal is structured and padded for extra emphasis. After falling in love with the asymmetry and statement shoulders of these collections, this dress was a real no brainer – it’s perfect for this party season. And after seeing collections such as Jason Wu's S/S 2010 (left and right top), I know I am onto a winner for next season as well with such an opulent colour. Could this dress be anymore perfect?

Taking inspiration from Blair Waldorf as well as the aforementioned collections and their statement accessories, I added a little adornment in the form of an embellished headband from Accessorise and some gorgeous rings I picked up from a store called So Good in Miami and proudly wore this look to my first official Christmas party of 2009!

I finished my look of with my newest pair of Jimmy Choo shoes (swoooon!) and wrapped up warm with a faux fur shawl I bought at the bargain price of $30 (on sale) from Bebe in Miami.

It was the perfect start to the Christmas party season and I felt like the belle of the ball. xxx

1 comment:

  1. nice link i like it so much. this link is very useful to every body.

    Bathmate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails