Wednesday 20 January 2010

Cage me up!




I’ve always had a thing for strappy shoes, not as in little delicate shoes with dainty straps, but as in shoes with lots of straps. Take for example, the YSL cage boots, I know they are from last year but I still love them. The intricacy of them is so appealing - delicate and industrial at the same time. I don’t know what inspired them but every time I see them I think of the Eiffel Tower in Paris or the Gherkin in London. Unfortunately, everywhere I look they are completely sold out so it seems I must continue the hunt for the next best thing.

I am also still lusting after the Givenchy birdcage shoes from 2008, as seen on Vanessa Hudgens above. The longevity of my lusts is probably why I called this blog My Style in My Time – I wish I had the money to buy these works of art when they come out the first time but instead I have to hunt high and low for them on EBay or wait for the high street to copy them. But alas I never found anything close to these beautiful birdcage shoes – the closest I came is my “gladiator” shoes that I blogged about in my Fierce Florals and The first step to happiness…the little black dress posts. I love those shoes despite the zip at the back scratching part of my leg away!

I think the ultimate in cage shoe loving is wearing them for your wedding, à la Taylor Tomasi Hill. I first caught sight of her in these beautiful cream Alaia cage shoes on The Sartorialist (see Blogger style post) and saw them on her again when I was looking through Jak & Jill Blog. She wore them to New York S/S 2010 Fashion Week last year. Both times I was so drawn to them. Taylor Tomasi Hill is one of my major style crushes anyway and whilst trawling through wedding sites with my girlfriend who is getting married, I came across TTH’s wedding pics and saw her wearing the exact same Alaia cage shoes! I think they are her look absolutely fabulous with both outfits and if I ever get married, maybe I’ll have to bust out some caged beauties under my gown!

xxx

p.s. If anyone out there is willing to donate any cage shoes to me, I promise I will love (the shoes and the benefactor) and look after them forever!

Pics from: The Sartorialist, Jak and Jil Blog and http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/2008/12/15/Real_Weddings_Taylor_Tomasi_and_Chase_Hill.aspx?page=1&gpage=1#articlegallery




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails